Ghana is not just a beautiful place to explore but also a home of different festivals. A lot of travelers visit and explore Ghana not only to experience its beauty but as well as to witness the different festivities it has. Some of the famous festivals in Ghana include:
- Akwasidee Festival – it is a festival of the kings that is celebrated every 42 days, which usually took place on the sixth Sunday.
- Aboakyir Festival – it happens every 4th month of the year. It people who celebrate this festival are those who live in Simpa or Winneba in the Central Region of Ghana.
- Panafest Festival – it is held every 2 years and participated by several performances like singing, dancing etc. People who are into arts theatre also participate on this kind of festival.
- Homowo Festival – held on August and September. Homowo means “making fun of hunger” it describes what the people gone through during the times when the rain is no longer hitting Ghana and the ocean gates got closed. It speaks about their gratefulness towards the creator as they survived that struggle they encountered.
- Hogbetsotso Festival – a yearly celebration that is held on the first Saturday of November. This festival features the magnificent durbar of chiefs and citizens.